Thursday, October 22, 2009

Look what they made: Fabulous books.....

I am a paper addict.....yes in a BIG way....and lately I became a junk addict as well.....I`ve always done scrap booking...... which evolved into journals....... which led to albums......which led to altered books....and now with assemblage art....and I love every moment of it...
Enjoy with me some fabulous books from 4 fabulous artists.......and drool!!

Look at all these lovely pages from D J Petit. You have to see her blog to fully appreciate her creativity and just enjoy art .....and of course jut get inspired ....






Karen from Artsortments decorated her sketchbooks she used at Squam and created artwork for the covers......and what lovely artwork. She used small-scale assemblage work on copper technique.....beautiful!!!




Jen from A Mark in Time made a fabulous book for a friend...one of many fabulous one`s...you have to visit her blog and enjoy her creativity...... I just love to visit. This book was a mixture of bits and pieces of pages that she loved. The book was made with frames that she made herself , as it is expensive to buy an old photo album and rip up. So she used plain frames and aged them with different papers.







......and last but definitely not the least, no posting on fabulous books would be complete without a posting about Judy. Judy who has been my main inspiration for years now in my own artwork and I have it on good authority, also the main inspiration of 100`s of other artists around the globe. Thanks Judy for inspiring me to challenge myself and to do what I have dreamed for years to just DO!! If you havn`t read both her blogs, go do it immediately...yes NOW....... Red Velvet and Visual Anthologies.....The book featured here represents part of a major work on the life and times of Sara Coppio Sullam. To see the rest and much much more, you have to go and see for yourself...please go....

16 comments:

Livet på Berget said...

Hello there. Very beautiful books and papers. I collect papers as well, as soon as I find a nice pice of paper a buy it and sometimes I "make" them look old and frame them. I hope you understand my english, not sure it is good enough but I try).
BR
/Sara

Jen Crossley said...

You are too kind about my work.Thank you for featuring my work Im truely honoured
Jen

Di Overton said...

Hey welcome back YOU. Great to hear from you again. Please stick around so I can add you to my blogroll again. Hope you and yours are fit and well.
Hugs
Di

DJ said...

Thank you for the kind words about my books and the link to my blog! Have a wonderful day!
DJ Pettitt

Karen Cole said...

Wow, thank you so much for noticing!!! I am blushing, way over here.

I haven't been here for quite some time. Thanks for bringing me back with a drum roll. I really appreciate it.

xo Karen

Giovanna ♥ said...

So great! Thank you for sharing this with us! This work is amazing :)
Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog!
Your blog is very charming.
xxxx
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I do love the books!!!!!! They are beautiful!!
Thanks for the visit and comment at my blog.

un abril encantado said...

Thanks for the visit and comment at my blog...you are FANTASTICA Gypsy...kiss Lourdes

annechovie said...

Just amazing! Have a lovely weekend.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI There
I have popped over from Lourdes blog. I love all these altered books. I have been thinking of trying it myself for some months, yet of course never get around to it..nor could I achieve something this fabulous.

Glad I found your blog. Julie

koralee said...

Oh my these are amazingly lovely in every way...the first one is my favourite! Wow..it was take forever to complete one of these! Thank you for sharing some beauty today!

vicki archer said...

These are wonderful...you have inspired me to start my own this winter, xv.

Annie said...

Great inspiration, Chamara. I have a journal I need to cover and the inspiration well is just plain dry. Hopefully, these samples and sites will help that.

Queen Of Småland said...

Beautiful books!
Have a nice weekend.
xxxxxxxxxxx
Stina

Judy said...

Thanks my Gypsy friend. I am truly honoured to have been selected to be on your site again. It is so good to have u back blogging again. xoxo

C. Tvillingmamma said...

First one,magic. I´m feelin the will..i wnt to make one too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails