Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ala Gypsy: .....friends and sisters...






































...oh yes...what will we do without them...our friends and "sisters" who are keeping us sane....always there to calm the hysterics ; dry the tears; be the cheerleaders; kick us under the butt when we need it...and the list can go on and on and on.......

I am lucky........I have the best of them....I received abundantly when this gift was dealt out.....and today, as so many days before in my life..... I`m thankfull....... I truly appreciate each and every one of you and without you I would have been much poorer...thank you....for picking me up; for keeping me high; for dusting me off....for not letting go.........


Sisterhood.

Created by friendsforever909

Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don 't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.

BUT.........

Sisters are there,
no matter how much time and how many miles are between you.
A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself
the women in your lifewill be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you,
pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
 valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you...
Or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers,
aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and  neither would I.......

10 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

You couldn't have said it better. How true those sentiments are.
Love the picture as well.
Have a great day, sister !! XXXX

Inspired Comblogulations said...

I love the artwork and the sentiment... I love all my sisters and I am fortunate to have bunches of them. If you love art sister come see me.
Lee

Anne Marie said...

Words to live by......lovely!

Sea Witch said...

You said it Sister!!! Sea Witch

Pooch Purple Reign said...

i love the picture. i went to a tea party dressed like that once with my best friend. it was a valentines day party.
very sweet
~laura

Bleudelavande said...

Ooohh how true those sentiments are and your words too!!!
Have a nice time ,hugs

June said...

You have said it all here in this one beautiful post! No truer words!
Hugs~

Queen Of Småland said...

True!
Im lucky to have a lot of sisters at heart! And I wouldnt be who I am without them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stina

Susan said...

Yes, it is true, we never have to walk alone because our sisters walk with us. They are all blessings in our lives. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

A. E. said...

Very beautiful and so very true! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails